- General: Layouts may be submitted as Photoshop (.psd) (preferred), Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or JPEG (.jpg) documents. Documents must be full size, 300 dpi, high quality (JPEG). CMYK color is preferable but not required. Physical layouts are acceptable but will incur fees for scanning and color-matching.
- Typesetting: Typeset material may be submitted as MS Word or Adobe Acrobat documents and must include any nonstandard fonts. Alternatively, written material submitted for typesetting should be sent via email as an attachment or in the body of the message. Typeset material submitted in printed form will incur a fee for retyping/ocr.
- For CD covers (single or two-sided single panel): Unfinished and finished sizes are displayed on the CD cover template. Be sure to leave 1/8th” on all sides for trimming and to not place significant graphic elements (eg text) closer than 1/16th” to the finished edge. Elements which “frame” the cover (eg ornamental boxes) are strongly discouraged as they can easily cut noticeably off-center in the finishing process.
- For CD traycards: Unfinished and finished sizes are displayed on the CD traycard template. All the notes concerning CD covers apply to traycards as well. In addition, the end titles must be carefully centered in their 1/4″ spaces. The template demonstrates the most common standard orientation for end title text, readable on both ends when the case is lying face up.
- For CD disc imprint: document must be submitted as 4.75″ square with no cutouts or circle overprint. The disc imprint template displays circles for guide purposes only.
- Layouts not based on Dash Design templates must fit onto 8.5″x11″ (“letter”) or 8.5″x14″ (“legal”) stock and be submitted full size, 300 dpi.
Significant deviation from these guidelines may incur layout fees. Feel free to call or email with any questions.